I’ve been a radio operator since 1999. I met and became friends with many people in Central Arkansas, and participated in Skywarn and other public events. In 2004 I upgraded to General class and have since upgraded to Extra. We moved to Texas in 2005 and did not become nearly as active as I was when I was in Arkansas at first. Lately, I have become more very active. I am a W5YI-VEC and ARRL-VEC VE and am available for testing with a little notice. I can be found on a few repeaters in North TX:
- 147.100 – HurstARC Primary 2m Repeater
- 442.850 – HurstARC 440 Repeater
- 442.825 – BedfordARC 440 Repeater
- Hurst or Arlington, TX DMR Repeaters, TG’s Local, Metro, TX Statewide.
During Skywarn/Emergencies I will occasionally participate in the 146.940 Fort Worth RACES nets. The equipment I use or have collected over the years. VHF/UHF
- 1x Connect Systems CS800 UHF DMR Mobile installed in the house
- 2x Tytera MD-380 UHF DMR HT (retired)
- Ailuance HD-1 DMR Dual-Band HT (Current and favorite HT I have ever had.)
- Tytera MD-UV88 HT.
- 3x Baofeng UV-5RE 2m, 440 HT
- KB9VBR J-Pole connected to the Kenwood TM-V7A and the CS800.
- Comet GP-3 Dual Band Antenna (retired/pending aging repair)
- Kenwood TM-V7A Dual-Band Mobile MD-9600 Dual Band DMR/FM Mobile to be installed in the car.
- Yaesu FT-450D 160m-6m
- LDG AT-100Pro2 Autotuner
- Homebrew 20m dipole wire
- Homebrew 20m & 40m HF Stick (Hamstick) Dipole
I really enjoy 20 and 40 meters. I use LoTW as my primary, eQSL as my secondary, and logs are uploaded every day as part of my shutdown routine. I would like to request that you just confirm our QSO in LoTW and/or eQSL. I try to confirm every QSO I receive. I’ve found myself more and more on DMR digital since Fusion seems to be at a standstill and not really exciting because of it. I really like DMR and the people on there. I manage the DMRTexas.net website, which is a place for all things DMR in the Republic of Texas.
I was elected as the Hurst Amateur Radio Club President in 2015 and did that for four years which I enjoyed a lot, but have turned that over to my friend John, K5SKR. We have a great group of people. If you are ever in the DFW area on Saturday morning, come meet with us